We’ve found an awesome website that shows you how to do several beautiful napkin folds. You can see a few of our favorites for wedding napkins below. Check it out at http://www.napkinfoldingguide.com/ and find more options to fit your wedding theme plus lots of other good information.
Shop Ann’s soft, 3-ply wedding napkins available in a variety of colors to coordinate beautifully with your wedding! They’ll work great for many of the folds shown at NapkinFoldingGuide.com since paper napkins tend to hold their shape better than cloth. Do be aware that rounded folds will look better with cloth napkins. So choose a fold with sharp corners for your wedding napkins from Ann’s.
NapkinFoldingGuide.com also reminds us of a few important napkin etiquette rules:
• Never let a napkin sit beside your plate. Always lay it on your lap.
• Traditionally, guests wait for the host to pick up and unfold his/her napkin first.
• Gently dab at your mouth when using your napkin. No large sweeping motions.
• Lay your napkin on your lap before dinner is served to create more room at the table.
• If you leave the table or are finished eating, lay the napkin to the left of your plate.
• Napkins should be placed in your lap, not tucked into your pants or shirt — unless you’re eating something especially messy, like spaghetti.